Updates from Arena Shawn Watercolor Studio

This Blog contains updates on my new works as they are completed, information regarding exhibitions and art fairs I participate in, workshops and classes I teach, and occasionally, anecdotes from this studio by the lovely San Francisoco Bay. If you want to learn more about how each painting is created step by step, as well as technical tips for watercolor painting, please go to my other blog, "Ten Thousand Square Inches of Canvas". 





Summer Glow, Watercolor on Arches #140 Cold Press Paper, 5"h x 7"w

I was quite busy over the past weekend, trying to finish some paintings for the "Art in the Park" event held in the central park of the lovely tri-valley city of San Ramon. And the show was a true blast! Not only did I meet some old collector friends, gained some new ones, I also got to meet a lot of wonderful artists working in a whole range of media from monotype and collage to pastel over traditional Chinese ink painting... The quality of artists are the highest among all the art fairs I have participated in, and they did a [...]

Read More